Thunderbird 78.2.2 unusable in 2020Q3

Hi There,

TB 78.2.2 in our pkgsrc 2020Q3 has the bug described here (https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/thunderbird/78.3.0/releasenotes/) as:

"Linux Distributions: UI was not rendered completely when built without updater"

This means that the GUI is not usable at all.

SOLUTION:

I have built a 78.3.0, and the bug disappeared and it works well for me. However 78.3.0 is not considered to be a very good version, quote on the page mentioned above:

"Frequent crashes were reported after updating to Thunderbird 78.3.0. Thunderbird 78.3.1 is now available with a fix."

Cheers,

FeZ