Re: strange trouble building qgis

On Sat, Sep 12, 2020 at 10:35:09AM +0200, Roland Illig wrote:
> NetBSD's make indeed needs 4 dollars to work, which can be seen in
> src/usr.bin/make/unit-tests/dep-var.mk. GNU make only needs 2 dollars.

That sounds like a bug in our make. It explicitly documents $$ to be expanded
to a single `$', and this is the right hand side of a dependency rule, not
a variable name (where the resulting $ would lead to another expansion).

Also no shell should be involved for this RHS, so no $ expansion at
that level either. Sounds like something is broken to me.

Martin