Re: Xfce4 and xfce4-extras meta-packages are absent for 9.0_2020Q2

On Sat, 22 Aug 2020 at 06:09:15 +0000, nia wrote:
> http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/reports/2020Q2/NetBSD-9.0-earmv7hf/20200814.2010/meta/report.html
>
> xfce4-4.14.0nb2
> Failed: vte3-0.60.3nb1 rust-1.43.1nb1 gvfs-1.6.7nb50
>
> - gvfs failed in the checksum stage.
>   Seems like a problem with the pbulk setup. Or possibly something else.

Yeah, that looks like a local issue.

>   http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/reports/2020Q2/NetBSD-9.0-earmv7hf/20200814.2010/gvfs-1.6.7nb50/checksum.log
> - Rust was broken on earmv7 for the branch. Fairly hard to avoid that.
>   I'm not sure which Xfce packages pull in Rust. We are supposed to be
>   using librsvg-c on earmv7, but it looks like that's not the case for
>   these builds!?

Rust gets pulled in for librsvg, which gets pulled in for gnome-themes-
standard in the meta package. I'm not sure gnome-themes-standard is
really required, I think it's just nice to have. I could try basic Xfce
without it and see what happens. Maybe gnome-themes-standard could move
to xfce4-extras.

> - It is not immediately obvious why vte3 failed, to me at least...
>   http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/reports/2020Q2/NetBSD-9.0-earmv7hf/20200814.2010/vte3-0.60.3nb1/build.log

I don't build for ARM, but I haven't seen this with amd64, i386, or
(with an older version of vte3) macppc. (There are other issues with
vte3 and dependent terminal emulators now on NetBSD 8.x.)

Dave