Re: proposal to make bootstrap on Linux prefer pkgsrc by default.

On 2020-08-10 11:44, Greg Troxel wrote:
So far, we have had discussion that supports changing it on Linux.
Specific othesr, not so much, and "all others", not at all.  So I'd
prefer to just change it on Linux where we have a good basis to believe
that's in the interest of someone who doesn't understand this issue and
runs bootstrap.
I think the same reasoning would apply to Dragonfly BSD, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, or any other platform where pkgsrc would be used alongside a native package manager.

    JB