Re: pkg_install fails when archivers/xz is installed

On 2020-07-27 20:10, Jason Bacon wrote:
On 2020-07-27 19:46, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
On Mon, Jul 27, 2020 at 05:16:15PM -0500, Jason Bacon wrote:
On CentOS 7, pkg_install is apparently picking up the "base" xz during
bootstrap:
We allow linking pkg_install against builtin xz out of the box. I do
wonder why pkg_create has an rpath entry though.

Joerg
I think the problem is that it *doesn't* have an rpath entry.  It links against /usr/lib64/liblzma.so.5.2.2 during build, but then tries to use /usr/pkg/lib/liblzma.so.5.2.5 when it becomes available later.

The problem may be limited to cases where Yum's xz-devel is installed during bootstrap.  It seems to depend on the presence of lzma.h.

From pkg_install:

# grep -i lzma work/.configure_makevars.mk
H_LZMA=    /usr/include/lzma.h
H_LZMA_VERSION=    /usr/include/lzma/version.h

But I don't think setting rpath=/usr/lib64/ is a good idea, since the Yum xz-devel package is optional and could easily be removed without pkgsrc having a chance to object.  This is not like using lzma in the NetBSD base, which will always be there.  I'll try bootstrapping without Yum's xz-devel present when I have time.

    JB

Bootstrapping without Yum's xz-devel installed avoids the problem.

Upon closer inspection, it might not be a terrible idea to rpath /usr/lib64/liblzma.so into pkg_install.  It's from the xz package, not xz-devel, and it cannot be removed because systemd depends on it.

I think we still have the issue that lzma support in pkg_install depends on the presence of Yum's xz-devel during bootstrap.  That should probably at least be documented.

    JB