Re: pkgsrc current rust build failure NetBSD 9-STABLE/i386

On Wed, Aug 05, 2020 at 05:56:38PM +0100, Mike Pumford wrote:
> An up to date compat80 package is installed but at a guess this won't
> provide a libssl.so.1.1 as thats the version produced by the 8.x pkgsrc
> openssl package.
>
> Any idea how to satisfy this dependency or can we no longer use 8.x
> bootstraps for 9.x. The amd64 build I do is getting away with this as it is
> currently defaulting to rust-bin. Is that needed for i386 on 9.x as well?
>
> This is clean chroot environment created freshly for the build.
>
> Mike

It looks like the code that sets RPATH in lang/rust/Makefile hardcodes
/usr/pkg/lib (argh, why!?) instead of either relying on $PREFIX or
copying the bootstrap dependencies into a local directory (as the
"SmartOS" path does), which would hurt if you're using pkgsrc OpenSSL
with a different $PREFIX than /usr/pkg.