Re: IMPORTANT: macOS binary package users

* On 2020-07-09 at 19:12 BST, J. Lewis Muir wrote:

> On 07/09, Jonathan Perkin wrote:
> > For now you'll also run into problems with "pkgin upgrade" and
> > checksum mismatches with the mksh package, this is somewhat deliberate
> > to help ensure people see this or my Twitter messages before ending up
> > in a bad place.
>
> And update?
>
> ----
> $ sudo pkgin update
> processing remote summary (https://pkgsrc.joyent.com/packages/Darwin/trunk/x86_64/All)...
> pkgin: Could not fetch https://pkgsrc.joyent.com/packages/Darwin/trunk/x86_64/All/pkg_summary.gz
> ----

Yeh, I did this deliberately to avoid any potential for users to
ignore the checksum mismatch warnings.

I have a bunch of fixes lined up and will push them through a bulk
build before re-publishing.  Unfortunately there will still be a
chicken and egg problem, so the manual "pkg_add mksh" will always be
required, but at least things will be in better shape for future
upgrades.