Re: firefox fails to build on netbsd-8 amd64

On Sun 29 Mar 2020 at 12:27:59 -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> So far nobody has reported success.  So I ask again:
>
>   Has *anyone* been able to build firefox under netbsd-8 amd64?

I don't know if this is close enough for you to be of use, but
I recently built wip/firefox69-2019Q4 on NetBSD 8.1/amd64.
This is a "backport" of firefox69 so that it built in an environment
where all other packages were from 2019Q4. In the process I updated the
cbindgen crate (while pretending to be the same version as before, so as
have fewer changes) from 0.49.3 to 0.49.4.
I went through this ordeal because I was already using version 69, but
the firefox from 2019Q4 has the broken "about:logins" page. So I don't
want to upgrade until it is fixed, but downgrading to a LTS version is
impossible because firefox refuses to keep using the profile.

>   If so, are you using any non-default configuration?

apart from all that that is different, probably not much.

-Olaf.
--
Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert -- rhialto at falu dot nl
___  Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on