Re: How to deal with packages having the same files

On Wed, 15 Jan 2020 at 08:09, Rhialto <rhialto%falu.nl@localhost> wrote:

> On Wed 15 Jan 2020 at 00:12:04 +0000, Chavdar Ivanov wrote:
> > Well, there is a difference - py27-qt5 and py37-qt5 are the same
> > package built with different PYTHON_VERSION_DEFAULT; you wouldn't have
> > them both at the same time generally;
>
> Yes, you would. 2.7 is used by misc/calibre. 3.7 is used by
> emulators/fs-uae-launcher. So as a result I can't install those two at
> the same time now.

I remember now, calibre was one of the reasons I still have a lot of
python 2.7 packages. I haven't installed the other package, so haven't
come across this particular problem.

Not related to this; when there is a calibre update, it usually fails
with pkg_rolling-replace, as PYTHON_VERSION_DEFAULT is 37 and it may
miss updating a used package; I then temporarily revert to 27 and
update only calibre.

--
----