Re: How to deal with packages having the same files

On Tue 14 Jan 2020 at 23:00:32 +0100, Rhialto wrote:
> Would it make sense to rename these files to py[23]7-pylupdate5,
> or pylupdate5-py[23]7, or pylupdate[23]7-5, or ... ? Or do something
> with ALTERNATIVES, such as with devel/py-test-watch/ALTERNATIVES?

There are also bin/pyrcc5 and bin/pyuic5, and I assume they are
sometimes used when building depending packages, which would break with
a renaming (so that would need extra fixing).

-Olaf.
--
Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert -- rhialto at falu dot nl
___  Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on