Re: XCode 11.1 + Mac OS X 10.14.6 + pkgsrc 2019Q3

On 10/11, Edgar Fuß wrote:
> EF> You need to download the SDK for the older macOS version.
> EF> The downloads are somewhat hidden, but I explained how to find them.
>
> LM> I don't understand how this works.  On macOS Mojave 10.14.5, Xcode 11.1
> LM> appears to come with one macOS SDK, namely 10.15:
>
> Depends on what you mean by "how this works".

I meant how I could select a deployment target of 10.6 and seemingly
build an app for it just fine in Xcode yet only have the latest 10.15
SDK.  Is it using weak linking?  Will it not tell me if I use something
from a newer SDK (i.e., 10.7 to 10.15, in this case)?  If it doesn't
tell me, then it will just fail at runtime which isn't helpful.  Is that
why I actually need the SDK that corresponds to the deployment target so
that I can actually tell when I'm trying to use something not available
in the deployment target?

Lewis