Re: XCode 11.1 + Mac OS X 10.14.6 + pkgsrc 2019Q3

EF> You need to download the SDK for the older macOS version.
EF> The downloads are somewhat hidden, but I explained how to find them.

LM> I don't understand how this works.  On macOS Mojave 10.14.5, Xcode 11.1
LM> appears to come with one macOS SDK, namely 10.15:
Depends on what you mean by "how this works".

You just download the SDK for the OS version you are actually running
and bootstrap.

I have no idea why there is a period in time during which Apple ships XCode
for macOS n with an SDK for macOS n+1; I also don't know why pkgsrc barks over
this fact neither whether it makes sense to bark.

I only know (or think to remember) that, in a situation like yours (with a
smaller n than you), I downloaded the SDK, bootstrapped, and it worked
without any complaints or problems.