pkg_comp log oddties

I’ve used both pbulk and pkg_comp in the past to build packages.  One thing I noticed about pbulk is that when the log files are placed in /usr/pkgsrc/packages/log they end up getting purged when pbulk complete and moves the newly built packages into /usr/pkgsrc/packages/All.  But this is the default location for the log files produced by the pkg_comp process, and so the logs of the packages that failed to build are deleted at the end of the build.  Shouldn’t the default location for the log files in pkg_comp be someplace else to prevent this from happening?