which assembler?

Hi!

When using /usr/bin/gcc on NetBSD outside pkgsrc, will it pick up
pkgsrc's nasm as assembler or will it use /usr/bin/as? Is there a way
to ask gcc which one it is using? Or to tell it to use the native one?

I try to compile software that has some inline assembler and it
crashes at exactly one such spot. I would like to make sure that the
GNU assembler is used, because that seems to be the one the author of
that code expects. As I find no mention of nasm anywhere in
pkgsrc/mk/*, there seems to be another "trick" so that gcc uses nasm.

--
Joern Clausen
https://www.oe-files.de/photography/