Re: Update schedule for binary packages?

Ottavio Caruso <ottavio2006-usenet2012%yahoo.com@localhost> writes:

> On Thu, 8 Aug 2019 at 20:45, J. Lewis Muir <jlmuir%imca-cat.org@localhost> wrote:

>> > I don't think that any binaries get built and distributed for wip.

mostly true

>> Hmm, then why does
>>
>>   https://cdn.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/amd64/8.0_wip/
>>
>> exist?

Because an individual developer ran "mkdir" on the ftp machine, probably
because they intended to do a bulk run of wip at some point.  We
certainly don't have a rule against publishing binary builds of wip.  We
just don't have a practice and track record of doing so.

> It doesn't exist on the machine where the binaries are actually built:
> https://nycdn.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/x86_64/

The entire scheme of where things are built, multiple ftp mirrors, and
cdn is more complicated than I understand.  Reaching conclusions about
policy based on how that works today is unsound!