Re: Update schedule for binary packages?

On Thu, 8 Aug 2019 at 19:41, J. Lewis Muir <jlmuir%imca-cat.org@localhost> wrote:

> Hi, all!
>
> While looking at
>
>   https://cdn.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/amd64/
>   https://www.netbsd.org/docs/pkgsrc/ftp-layout.html#ftp-packages
>   https://www.netbsd.org/docs/pkgsrc/using.html#using-pkg
>
> I found myself wondering what the update schedule is for binary
> packages, and I couldn't find anything that stated what it is.  I would
> like to suggest that a statement be added to the readme file of each
> architecture directory of packages stating what the update schedule is
> for each directory.
>
> For example, for amd64
>
>   https://cdn.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/amd64/README
>
> it would be great if it said something like
>
>   Update Schedule:
>
>     <os-version>_20xxQy: Updated once a day

The last bulk build for NetBSD-8.0-x86_64 took 4 days:
http://nyftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/reports/2019Q2/NetBSD-8.0-x86_64/20190725.1409/meta/status

So, I don't think once a day is realistic. Some packages fail to
build, therefore they are not updated:
http://nyftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/reports/2019Q2/NetBSD-8.0-x86_64/20190725.1409/meta/report.html

>     <os-version>_wip:    Updated once a day

I don't think that any binaries get built and distributed for wip.

--
Ottavio Caruso