Re: wget does not compile on FreeBSD12 with openssl

Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%bec.de@localhost> writes:

> On Fri, Aug 02, 2019 at 09:57:57AM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
>> On Thu, Aug 01, 2019 at 07:58:57PM +0000, maya%NetBSD.org@localhost wrote:
>> > Note that any solution requiring the modification of the package
>> > contents to work will be dismissed as a too niche use case to justify
>> > the maintenance.
>>
>> I would reformulate this: pkgsrc is likely going to accept patches for
>> adding a static link option (via the options framework) if it boils down
>> to changing a configure argument / env var. Everything beyound that should
>> be handled upstream first.
>
> Are we? It requires a lot of changes in many places for a very minor use
> case. I'm really not in favor.

I am also not in favor.  Changes for this would have to be extremely
contained -- not needing per-package support -- for me to view them as
acceptable.

Basically, wanting static linking in pkgsrc is counter to the main plan,
and so far we seem to have only one person that wants it.