Re: devel/git and devel/git-base are confusing

[re-sent from subscribed sender address]

On Sat, 13 Jul 2019 22:53:45 +0200, oskar%fessel.org@localhost wrote:
>> NetBSD/pkgsrc communities are conservative in terms of installing minimal
>> things. (Or so I believe.)
>
> Yeah, maybe.  I just use the *-base packages to install base functionality.
> As of today, we have 36 such packages including wip.

This. (And thanks for counting.)

I.e. where foo comes with fluff, foo-base will install the basics, and
foo will include the fluff.

Why git ought to be different has not really been motivated in this
thread, AFAICS.

Cheerio,
hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email            Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-21344