Re: devel/git and devel/git-base are confusing

On Sat, Jul 13, 2019 at 08:12:09AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> I really don't see how we can arrange things so that a large number of
> people with different preconceived notions can guess correctly without
> reading the dozen-line files provided to explain things to them.

Conservative defaults is the answer. And what is conservative depends on
what people are used to in a given community.

NetBSD/pkgsrc communities are conservative in terms of installing minimal
things. (Or so I believe.)

If such a community gives me a package named git, having been used to
their conservativeness (as perceived by me and mentioned above), I'd not
expect it to be bloated with gui.

That's my view.

Mayuresh