Re: emulators/qemu: "bmake package" fails

On Thu, 23 May 2019 at 19:38, Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:

> The issue is that the set of files produced by the build differs from
> what the PLIST says they should be.
>
> There are two things you are doing differently:
>
>   Linux Mint instead of netbsd-8
>   passing options
>   [probably you are on amd64 but you didn't say]
>
> So it would be good to "make package" without options and see how that
> goes.
>
> Then, you can look at all files starting with PLIST and see if they have
> conditionals and what the plan is for which binaries should be produced
> on what platforms, following upstream documentation, and then perhaps
> come up with a patch to maybe define conditionals and add to PLIST.inux
>
> We can't just change the PLIST because obviously the PLIST was right for
> the person who committed it, probably on netbsd-8.

But I see a PLIST and a PLIST.Linux in the qemu directory.

Shouldn't makefile pick the PLIST.Linux automatically or is it an
option that I have to manually activate?

I see in makefile:

.elif ${OPSYS} == "Linux"
USER_EMUL=              ${UE_ARCHS}
PLIST.nbd=              YES
PLIST.ivshmem=          YES

Should I edit this bit and point it to PLIST.Linux ?

I don't understand what these references to PLIST.nbd and
PLIST.ivshmem are for, because they are not in the directory.

Thanks

--
Ottavio Caruso