Re: Question about cvs, git, github and shallow clones

1) Is pkgsrc going to stay on cvs as its primary platform for the foreseeable future, or is it going to migrate to git/github fully one day?

There's no way pkgsrc would ever possibly move to github, since github is a political / business entity.

Moving to git is not likely to even be an option any time soon. Currently, git isn't part of the NetBSD base OS, and it would need to be in order to consider moving to git. Last time I checked, git needed something like 28 other packages to build and run, so unless / until someone makes a simpler git, I can't imagine that happening any time soon.

John