Re: Question about cvs, git, github and shallow clones

On 08 May 2019, John Klos wrote:
(snip)
> Last time I checked, git needed something like 28
> other packages to build and run, so unless / until someone makes a simpler
> git, I can't imagine that happening any time soon.

For many use cases git can make do without many of the dependencies,
especially the bulkier ones, though I'm still new enough to pkgsrc
that I don't know how easy it would be to also provide an optional
fuller-featured git for those who would want to install such.

-- Mark