Re: Issues with libtool-base After Upgrading Readline in 2019Q1

Turns out that gawk's dependency on readline is an option, but enabled
by default:

# cd /usr/pkgsrc/lang/gawk
# ls
CVS        DESCR      Makefile   PLIST      distinfo   options.mk
patches # make show-options
Any of the following general options may be selected:
        portals  Enable BSD Portals support
        readline         Enable use of GNU readline library.

These options are enabled by default:
        readline

These options are currently enabled:
        readline

You can select which build options to use by setting PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS
or PKG_OPTIONS.gawk.
# make show-depends
readline>=6.0:../../devel/readline
gmp>=5.0.1:../../devel/gmp
mpfr>=4.0.0:../../math/mpfr

So an alternative would be to just disable the option for readline and
rebuild gawk without it. Since things are working now I'll let it go,
but given what I think of including something like readline in a
non-interactive command I may disable it in the future.

Does a package formally depend on another if that dependency is an
option that's enabled?  The output from make show-depends would suggest
the answer is yes but there may be more going on behind the scenes that
i don't know about.

- Dave V.