Re: Options of dependencies

Hello Frédéric,

Frédéric Fauberteau writes:
> I am seeing for packaging ffx264 (https://ffx264.teambelgium.net/) and
> there is as requirement:
> - FFmpeg compiled with support for the following libraries:
> o    libx264
> o    libfdk-aac
> o    libopus
> o    libmp3lame
> o    libvorbis
> o    z library (zimg)
> For instance, fdk-aac is not in PKG_SUGGESTED_OPTIONS of ffmpegX.
>
> Is there a proper way to "enforce" options for a dependency? If ffmpegX
> is already installed without all wanted options, it should be rebuild
> with the correct ones...
>
> I seen nothing in this sense. For now, my option is a MESSAGE file that
> gives these requirement.

I think they can be checked via PKG_BUILD_OPTIONS.ffmpegX and then
conditionally add a PKG_FAIL_REASON if ffmpegX was not built with
those options, e.g. (WARNING, I have not tested it!):

 .include "../../multimedia/ffmpegX/buildlink3.mk"
 .if !empty(PKG_BUILD_OPTIONS.ffmpegX:Mfdk-aac)
 PKG_FAIL_REASON+=   "ffmpeg was not built with fdk-aac support"
 .endif