Re: databases no longer support in snort

As far as I can tell, it worked but it did not actually give you
postgresql support. The relevant bit of configure --help is

Optional Packages:
  --with-PACKAGE[=ARG]    use PACKAGE [ARG=yes]
  --without-PACKAGE       do not use PACKAGE (same as --with-PACKAGE=no)
  --with-pic[=PKGS]       try to use only PIC/non-PIC objects [default=use
                          both]
  --with-gnu-ld           assume the C compiler uses GNU ld [default=no]
  --with-sysroot=DIR Search for dependent libraries within DIR
                        (or the compiler's sysroot if not specified).
  --with-libpcap-includes=DIR    libpcap include directory
  --with-libpcap-libraries=DIR   libpcap library directory
  --with-libpfring-includes=DIR  libpfring include directory
  --with-libpfring-libraries=DIR libpfring library directory
  --with-daq-includes=DIR        DAQ include directory
  --with-daq-libraries=DIR       DAQ library directory
  --with-libpcre-includes=DIR    libpcre include directory
  --with-libpcre-libraries=DIR   libpcre library directory
  --with-openssl-includes=DIR    openssl include directory
  --with-openssl-libraries=DIR   openssl library directory
  --with-dnet-includes=DIR       libdnet include directory
  --with-dnet-libraries=DIR      libdnet library directory
  --with-lzma-includes=DIR       liblzma include directory
  --with-lzma-libraries=DIR      liblzma library directory
  --with-intel-soft-cpm-includes=DIR      Intel Soft CPM include directory
  --with-intel-soft-cpm-libraries=DIR     Intel Soft CPM library directory
  --with-libnghttp2-includes=DIR    libnghttp2 include directory
  --with-libnghttp2-libraries=DIR   libnghttp2 library directory

No PostgreSQL support any more either :/

--
Benny