Re: Issues on NetBSD-current with pkgsrc-(almost)-current

    Date:        Mon, 05 Nov 2018 19:36:35 +0000
    From:        =?UTF-8?Q?C=C3=A1g?= <ca6c%bitmessage.ch@localhost>

  | 1. I need git which uses curl, which fails to be linked:
  | --
  | eval:1740:Syntax error: "|" unexpected
  | --
  |
  | I cannot find the file in the object directory, which has "|" on
  | the line 1,740. Or is it the sh(1) error?

That looks like a sh error message, which would typically be
generated from something like

	eval '| more stuff'

(which could be

	var='| more stuff'
	eval "$var"

of course), where the eval is on line 1740 (of something.)

Without more info on where this is actually coming from it is hard
to say any more than that.

If that is the cause, then using mksh would make no difference, that
is a syntax error everywhere ....

$ eval '| foo'
mksh: syntax error: unexpected '|'

but the usage error on -q (which /bin/sh supportts, as a very
strange kind of extension, and mksh does not) is kind of weird.
I see nothing in curl which would add -q to any sh invocation
(and as the package isn't really aimed at NetBSD, it is a little
hard to believe that anything other than one of the pkgsrc patches
would even potentially add it, and there is nothing in curl/patches
that does that.)

So you might want to work out where that -q ie being injected, as
a separate issue.   If it is in your .profile or $ENV or whatever, you
should probably only do whatever it is if you're actually running
a NetBSD sh (on 8 and more recent you can test for ${NETBSD_SHELL}
being set and non-null).

kre