How to contribute (was: Some patches and a question)

> The more official ways of contributing are, in order of preference:
>
> 1. Get write access to pkgsrc-wip (which is easy enough), push your
> changes there and ask for them to be imported.
Things may have changed, but I'm not aware of -wip being anything official.
My impression was one of the main points of -wip was being inofficial.

Plus I'm wondering how to contribute changes to pkgsrc proper via -wip.

Can someone please educate me? Am I confused?