Re: Problem compiling cmake

On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 09:10:52AM -0400, Ian D. Leroux wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Jul 2018, at 07:53, D'Arcy Cain wrote:
> > On 2018-07-30 04:01 AM, Chavdar Ivanov wrote:
> > > I have the same, just to confirm it is not something local.
> >
> > The quick fix is to uninstall ncurses, clean everything and build
> > cmake. You can then rebuild ncurses and whatever else you needed to
> > remove with it.
> >
> > There is some discussion on tech-pkg@ about a proper fix but it seems
> > to have stalled.
>
> One question that is probably more appropriate for pkgsrc-users@ than
> tech-pkg@ is: does anyone use, want, or care about the ccmake curses
> UI to cmake?
>
> If not, then we can just avoid building it and omit it from PLIST.
> That's a fix crude enough that even I can probably come up with
> the patch.
>
> -- IDL

It's failing on netbsd if you have ncurses installed but not defaulting
to ncurses: it finds some of ncurses in the filesystem, then the build
test it has for whether ncurses works fails, because we don't link the
headers, or something with better isolation.

I'm not sure what is the right thing to twiddle to make it happy though.