Re: mkstemp: No such file or directory error

* On 2018-06-14 at 13:02 BST, Mayuresh wrote:

> Firstly, this is about a wip package and I do not find a list named
> after wip (other than wip-changes). [Recollect there used to be
> wip-discuss.  No?]
>
> So hope it's alright to use this list.

A better course of action would be to get a wip account and start
hacking.  Packages are in wip for a reason, they are incomplete, will
have bugs, and probably won't build, so starting threads on this list
to confirm that probably isn't very useful.

We're not short of things that we know are broken (just look at any of
the daily bulk builds), but we are short of people who are willing to
dive in and fix them.

> I am trying out wip/android-tools-adb8 when I get this:
>
> #   install
> /usr/pkgsrc/wip/android-tools-adb8/work/.destdir/usr/lib/libcutils.a
> install  -c  -r -o root -g wheel -m 444  -a "ranlib -t" libcutils.a
> /usr/pkgsrc/wip/android-tools-adb8/work/.destdir/usr/lib/libcutils.a
> install:
> /usr/pkgsrc/wip/android-tools-adb8/work/.destdir/usr/lib/libcutils.a.inst.3EajmK:
> mkstemp: No such file or directory
> *** Error code 1
>
> I am also not sure why it says .destdir/usr/lib, shouldn't it be pkg/lib?

It should be .destdir${PREFIX}/lib, so only if your PREFIX=/pkg

> Some mail threads suggest to use MKHTML=no. A clean build with this env
> var did not seem to solve the problem.

The likely explanation is that the target directory does not exist,
which makes sense given that it is incorrect.  Fixing the target
directory may solve the problem, otherwise ensure it is added to
INSTALLATION_DIRS.