Re: Please help test new pkgin

On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 05:42:49PM +0100, Jonathan Perkin wrote:
> > If you insist on BUILD_DATE checking being the default, then how about
> > providing the ability to switch it off on purpose?
>
> If pkgin ever grows a config file then I may add it as an advanced
> option for users who want a "shut up and do what I want even if it's
> wrong" override.  It wouldn't be much use as a command line option as
> you'd be forced to use it for every single invocation which would get
> old fast.

Still I would prefer to have such a cmdline knob. If lang/perl5 gets a
revbump because of a change to make it build on e.g. Dragonfly, it is bad
enough that the rest of the Perl universe is being rebuilt (with the
same version numbers as before) on a Linux buildhost, but it is not
necessary to re-download and re-install the entire unchanged Perl
universe on every client machine.

In my patch, you could just change the initialization of
the force_builddatecheck variable to 1 (default to BUILD_DATE check on)
and the effect to "-B" would be to instead skip that check.

Regards
Matthias Ferdinand