Re: github & url2pkg

Am 28.05.2018 um 23:54 schrieb Rhialto:
> On Mon 28 May 2018 at 23:07:08 +0200, Roland Illig wrote:
>> "make show-all-github"...
>> "make show-all-pkgname"
>
> Is that new for pkgsrc-current? My version of pkgsrc-2018Q1 doesn't know
> about this.

Yep, that's new. I committed it a minute before sending this mail.

> And in general, is there some place where this sort of targets is
> documented? There is no mk/README or something like that.

The top-level README refers to doc/pkgsrc.txt, and there you can search
for the word "help". I advertised the "make help" command in a few
places there, one of them being the "Where is the pkgsrc documentation?"
section. It's prettly late in the whole document, so I'm not sure if
anyone has ever read so far. :)

Once you know about "make help", you can run "make help topic=:index" to
see all topics. It takes a while to browse through all of them.

The "make show-all" command is not documented anywhere. The improbable
way of discovering it is when you already know the "show-var" and
"show-vars" targets and therefore run "make help topic=show" to see what
else can be shown.

When I need help, I usually start by running "make help", and if I don't
find anything I adjust the files in mk/ to contain all keywords that
came to my mind in that moment.

Best,
Roland