general breakage on -current

I'm seeing lots of breakage of the form:

checking for style of include used by make... none
checking dependency style of gcc... cd: can't cd to conftest.dir
./configure: cannot create sub/conftest.c: directory nonexistent
*** Error code 2

Stop.
make[1]: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/www/curl

on NetBSD-current/amd64. All sorts of packages, but not all packages (doing
a pkg_rr). I haven't spotted a pattern yet. Taking curl as the example,
I tried adding gmake to USE_TOOLS, and setting USE_CWRAPPERS=no with
no change, so maybe nothing to do with the make $ :Q change.

Anyone else see this?

Cheers,

Patrick