Re: Unable to build math/blas

On Fri, Jul 07, 2017 at 02:07:20AM +0200, Dr. Thomas Orgis wrote:
> Am Fri, 7 Jul 2017 01:17:49 +0200
> schrieb Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%bec.de@localhost>:
>
> > I object to changing it to a random GCC version that doesn't even match
> > the rest of the toolchain. That's begging for runtime bugs. At least G95
> > is mostly contained...
>
> Well, yes … Fortran 95+ has the same ABI troubles regarding compiler
> mixing as C++. Though, I am not sure when the gfortran ABI changed the
> last time. Anyway, this might be a time to tackle that one, too, if the
> C++ situation is to be resolved.

In some ways it is worse since there isn't even a standard ABI. You can
mix Clang and GCC when they use the same STL implementation. I
wouldn't try that with any two members of the Fortran compiler family...

My point was mostly that g95 is limited to libgcc_s (which is known to
produce problems) and libf95 (which is Fortran specific, so contained).
The same can't be said for the gfortran options.

Joerg