Re: Error running "mozilla-rootcerts install" on macOS

On 06/18, Greg Troxel wrote:

> "J. Lewis Muir" <jlmuir%imca-cat.org@localhost> writes:
>
> >> # mozilla-rootcerts install
> >>
> >> This eventually failed with exit status 1.  The last three lines of
> >> output were:
> >>
> >> ===
> >> mozilla-rootcert-98.pem => 4bfab552.0
> >> mozilla-rootcert-99.pem => 09789157.0
> >> ERROR: /etc/ssl/certs already exists, aborting.
> >> ===
> >
> > Below is a patch to fix this.  It checks for the existence of
> > $destdir$certdir/ca-certificates.crt instead of $destdir$certdir, since
> > $destdir$certdir/ca-certificates.crt is what will be written and what we
> > don't want to clobber.  If the $destdir$certdir directory exists, that's
> > OK.
>
> Due to my rototilling paths based on your other report, your patch no
> longer applies, but I have tried to adapt the sense of it.
>
> Please have a look at the current version of mozilla-rootcerts and let
> me know of further issues.

I looked, and it seems good.  I just tested it on macOS Sierra, and it
indeed installs the .pem files and the ca-certificates.crt file to the
correct location now (/opt/pkg/etc/openssl/certs) and does not touch
/etc/ssl/certs!

> Sorry for taking so long to get to this.  (I kept putting it off because
> I did not expect it to be quick, and indeed it was well more than an
> hour!)

Sorry it was such a pain!  Thanks for fixing it!

Lewis