Please review wip/htslib

I believe this package should be about ready to commit, but I welcome any suggestions.

This is the first of dozens of scientific packages we hope to commit in the near future, so I'd like to get as much feedback as possible now and save some needless chatter about future packages.

Note: I am aware that htslib 1.4 is available, but it has API changes that make it incompatible with a number of dependent packages, so it will be a while before it becomes mainstream in genomics research.

Thanks,

    JB

--
Earth is a beta site.