Re: Current status of synth in pkgsrc?

Is anybody using John Marino's synth with pkgsrc in NetBSD?

I am in a position to try, might want to start first in synth's home turf (FreeBSD) to see how it works.

I see nothing about synth on this emailing list, so fear I might be the only one using synth on NetBSD.

Then if I run into problems, there would be no community to help.

I was planning to stay with traditional pkgtools on Intel Ivy Bridge computer, with pkg_rolling-replace, but try synth on Intel Sandy Bridge computer.

Now, NetBSD-current 7.99.71 fails to boot on Ivy Bridge computer but succeeded on Sandy Bridge computer (big surprise after failing on Ivy Bridge).

Tom