Re: Proposed package removals after 2016Q4

Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> writes:

> On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 01:19:32PM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
>>
>> Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> writes:
>>
>> > I'm still using 4.2 as the last version with a working xm.
>> > I'm not sure I can switch all my servers to the xl stack yet.
>>
>> Are you using old rc.d files, or is it just a matter of xend=YES and
>> xencommons=NO?

But how are you causing xm to work?  Are you running different daemons
than the standard recommendation?  Different rc.d files?  I would think
you'd need the old rc.d files from before the xm/xl change.

> It's the problem that xl runs things in parallel, while xm
> serialises them.

Do you mean that on startup, the xl-based xendomains script that is part
of the xentools42 package causes "xl start" to be fired off for all
domains at once, rather than how "xm start" somewhat causes the next to
wait, perhaps by waiting until it's mostly started to return?

If so, it sounds like this should be on the list of things to be fixed.