Re: main pkg(8)/synth development complete, but ...

from John Marino :

> As of right now, and to the best of my knowledge, the pkg(8)-driven pkgsrc
> work is complete.  The synth program (https://github.com/jrmarino/synth) has
> been ported to support both pkgsrc and NetBSD (with significant forward work
> for Linux and SunOS also done)

Does this mean I can now use synth on NetBSD with pkgsrc in place of pkg_rolling-replace, or would I have to start on a clean base system?

I believe I remember you saying there was nothing comparable to pkg2ng, for converting from old package format to the new pkgng.

Tom