Re: NetBSD's funopen (libc) seemingly the cause of "pkg audit -F" segfault

On 11/14/2016 11:50, John Marino wrote:
On 11/14/2016 11:29, Martin Husemann wrote:
On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 10:57:09AM -0600, John Marino wrote:
I don't understand how funopen could return this memory location(value
of "remote" variable in log).  It seems that the result should only be
NULL or a valid pointer to a FILE.

Typical cause: you don't have a prototype for funopen() in scope and the
compiler assumes it would return int.

Thank you for an excellent suggestion, Martin.  In fact it seems to be
on target.

I rebuilt the package to capture the build log and it complains that
funopen is implicitly declared along with vasprintf.  However, line 73
is "#include <stdio.h>"

I guess there is some kind of visibility macro causing the preprocessor
to filter it out.  You put me on the right path.

To follow up, _NETBSD_SOURCE had to be defined before including stdio.h. Once that is done, the fetching works as expected.
Thanks!
John

---