Re: Konqueror issues?

On Sat, Nov 05, 2016 at 06:09:08PM -0500, John D. Baker wrote:
> Resuming experiments with konqueror, I killed it and launched it again
> in the foreground and saw lots of messages about too many open files.
> Default is 1024, max is 1536.  'ulimit -n 1536' didn't help.  Attempting
> to launch konqueror again complained about a missing library.

Regarding the problem with "too many open files", it should help to
put an entry in /etc/login.conf like this:

staff:\
        :openfiles=4096:

and then put your user in the "staff" login class. (man master.passwd)

--
Roy Bixler <rcbixler%nyx.net@localhost>
"The fundamental principle of science, the definition almost, is this: the