net/nocol compiled-in loghost

It has come to my attention that net/nocol (a monitoring package)
seems to need to compile in its loghost, and it does this by
attempting to extract a FQDN for the machine it's built on. This does
not seem like the right thing, especially for binary packages... even
if it were doing it correctly, which it isn't.

So:

(1) unless/until anyone has any better ideas I'm going to change it to
compile in "localhost", as this will better match the apparent intent
of the circa-1998 logic choosing the FQDN.

(2) does anyone actually use this package?

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost