Re: recursive bmake package (packages-depends

On Wed, Mar 9, 2016, at 02:01, Robert Elz wrote:
>     Date:        Mon, 7 Mar 2016 17:53:40 +0100 From:        Michel
>     Jansens <michel.jansens%ulb.ac.be@localhost> Message-ID:  <41697BB2-241B-40D5-BA1F-
>     1314C34C5393%ulb.ac.be@localhost>
>
>   | If I just could do a "bmake package-depends" in the pkgin
>   | directory, and that libarchive and xz packages would be created,
>   | that would be wonderfull.
>
> That is the way it is supposed to work, in fact, it is kind of hard to
> prevent. (you might want to use "package-install" instead of "package-
> depends" though...)
>
> It always works that way for me.

That should solve the OP's problem.  (I used to set
DEPENDS_TARGET=package-install
in mk.conf; is that no longer necessary?)

For the problem of simply *listing* all dependent packages, as brought
up by Swift, there's a target for that:

bmake show-depends

This will be much faster than actually building all the dependencies and
diffing. In general, https://wiki.netbsd.org/pkgsrc/targets/, while
incomplete, can be quite helpful.

--IDL