Re: recursive bmake package (packages-depends

Michel Jansens <michel.jansens%ulb.ac.be@localhost> writes:

> I’m trying to create binary packages that will be used by other
> servers to install. I don’t want to build everything, just a few
> packages and their dependencies (i.e. pkgin, php56 and all
> php56-extensions).  The trouble is that when I try to pkg_add a top
> level package, I’m told all dependent packages are missing.

in mk.conf add:

PKGSRC_KEEP_BIN_PKGS=	yes

(and then perhaps send a note to pkgsrc-users asking why that isn't the
default, after donning your flameproof suit :-)

also this may be useful (after installing pkg_tarup):

(cd /var/db/pkg && ls) \
    | while read d; do
    if [ -d /var/db/pkg/"$d" ]; then
	if [ ! -f /usr/pkgsrc/packages/All/"$d".tgz ]; then
	    sudo pkg_tarup -d /usr/pkgsrc/packages/All $d
	fi
    fi
done