Re: gem'izing ruby-gnome2-*?

wiz@ wrote:

> > mikutter works fine with the following gem'ized packages:
> >  ruby200-gnome2-pango-3.0.7
> >  ruby200-gnome2-atk-3.0.7
> >  ruby200-gnome2-gobject-introspection-3.0.7
> >  ruby200-gnome2-glib-3.0.7
> >  ruby200-gnome2-gio-3.0.7
> >  ruby200-gnome2-gdkpixbuf-3.0.7
> >  ruby200-gnome2-gtk-3.0.7
> >
> > (I should notice it before trying to update ruby-gnome2 to 3.0.7...)
>
> Do I understand correctly: you have gem'ized the packages you mention
> above?
>
> If yes, can you please commit that?

Not all yet, but only the 8 packages for quick tests.
I also wonder what should be done for meta-pkgs/ruby-gnome2.

> > I wonder if we should keep PKGNAMEs for these packages and
> > ruby-rcairo etc. (ruby-gnome2-glib needs glib2.gem for example)
>
> Hm, I changed the name for ruby-rcairo to ruby-cairo to match the gem
> name. I think this is easier to handle in the future than to stay with
> old names forever...

Hmm.  You mean ruby-gnome2-glib should also be changed to ruby-glib2?

If we change PKGNAMEs, how PKGREVISIONs should be handled in
packages which require these to-be-gem'ized packages in DEPENDS
or buildlink?

Note pkgsrc guide says "renaming packages is not recommended."
https://www.netbsd.org/docs/pkgsrc/submit.html#renaming-package
(actually it looks annoying for me)

---
Izumi Tsutsui