Re: gem'izing ruby-gnome2-*?

 :
> > > I wonder if we should keep PKGNAMEs for these packages and
> > > ruby-rcairo etc. (ruby-gnome2-glib needs glib2.gem for example)
> >
> > Hm, I changed the name for ruby-rcairo to ruby-cairo to match the gem
> > name. I think this is easier to handle in the future than to stay with
> > old names forever...
>
> Hmm.  You mean ruby-gnome2-glib should also be changed to ruby-glib2?
>
> If we change PKGNAMEs, how PKGREVISIONs should be handled in
> packages which require these to-be-gem'ized packages in DEPENDS
> or buildlink?

I've tested gemizing all ruby-gnome2 (and ruby-rcairo) packages
based on pkgsrc-2015Q4:
 https://gist.github.com/tsutsui/e29b358b886d23e2cdf9

Note:
- no PKGNAME rename
- no PKGREVISION bump
- DEPENDS and buildlink3.mk are updated per dependencies of gems
- meta-pkg/ruby-gnome2 is kept just to have common definitions
- there are several ruby-gnome2 based gems not in pkgsrc
  (webkit2-gtk, vte3)

Build in meta-pkg/ruby-gnome2 on NetBSD/i386 7.0 works,
and only pkgsrc/net/mikutter is tested as a client with
these gem'ized packages.

---
Izumi Tsutsui