Re: Build failure for mail/procmail

Paul Goyette <paul%vps1.whooppee.com@localhost> writes:

> Problem solved!   :)
>
> It seems that /etc/mk.conf is read and processed _after_ the package's
> Makefile.  As a result, the MAKE_JOBS_SAFE=yes in my /etc/mk.conf file
> overrides the MAKE_JOBS_SAFE=no in the package's Makefile.
>
> Removing the line from /etc/mk.conf allows the build to proceed!

In general (and in practice this is a bit messy), each variable is supposed
to be either set by the user in mk.conf or in a package makefile.
MAKE_JOBS=n is for mk.conf, and MAKE_JOBS_SAFE=no is for individual
packages.  I don't understand why you would want to set
MAKE_JOBS_SAFE=yes in mk.conf; if any documentation hinted at that it
would be good to fix it.