Re: Swtich default PHP to 5.6.

On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 10:41:15AM +0100, David Brownlee wrote:
> Is the issue only the 'php using packages without php-XY- prefix', or
> are there some cases where one of those packages builds fine under 56,
> but people need an optional module which is only available under 55?
>
> If the latter, is it unusual enough that we can expect users to manage
> themselves.

it's not only optional modules; it can also be "end user" softwares
that work only with php55. From my experience, most softwares need
some modification when switching to the next 5x php version.
Also, a typical web server will have php code that is not in pkgsrc.

> If the former, which packages have an issue? I know I've been using
> roundcube under 5.6 for probably a year.
>
> Is "all" that is needed for someone to go down the list of 'php using
> packages without php-XY- prefix' and check if any do not support 56?

The problem is not the packages without the php-XY prefix nit supporting
56, it's the other way round.