Re: Swtich default PHP to 5.6.

On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 07:31:24PM +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> > Can you please expand this ?
> > Say I have foo with PHP_VERSIONS_ACCEPTED=55, and bar with no
> > PHP_VERSIONS_ACCEPTED.
> > In the prebuilt binary packages, foo will depend on php55 (and I will need
> > ap22-php55) and bar will depend on php56 (and I will need ap22-php56).
> > Of course I can't load both php55 and php56, so I can't use prebuilt
> > binary packages.
>
> If foo and bar would be properly named, both php55-bar and php56-bar exist,
> so you can pull the LCD.

But many are not these days. Here's the list I extracted from 2015Q2:
./audio/ampache
./benchmarks/phoronix-test-suite
./databases/adodb
./databases/phpldapadmin
./databases/phpmyadmin
./databases/phppgadmin
./devel/kdesdk3
./devel/mantis
./devel/kcachegrind
./finance/magento
./mail/imp
./mail/ingo
./mail/roundcube
./mail/squirrelmail-decode
./mail/squirrelmail
./mail/turba
./mail/turba
./mail/mimp
./net/nagios-base
./net/cacti
./net/icinga-base
./security/base
./security/zoneminder
./time/kronolith
./www/blur6ex
./www/davical
./www/drupal6
./www/fengoffice
./www/gallery
./www/gallery2
./www/ganglia-webfrontend
./www/geeklog
./www/horde
./www/horde
./www/mediawiki
./www/mediawiki
./www/contao32
./www/moodle
./www/moodle
./www/mserv-php
./www/contao35
./www/websvn
./www/wordpress
./www/drupal7
./www/drupal7
./www/phraseanet
./www/phraseanet
./www/typo3_45
./www/typo3_62

some of them should probably be renomed.
Having a php prefix for some of them would probably be strange, at best.
Some of them also depend on python, which makes things harder (I'm not
sure how pbulk would deal with this).
Some of them are also dependancy for other packages, which makes
dependancy management interesting.

So I don't think requiring that all php-dependant packages be "properly named"
is reasonable at this time or in the near future. Because of this, I still
object to make the default PHP version 56 instead of 55 at this time.