Re: Cannot build Python 3.4 on Mac OS X (pkgsrc HEAD)

On 1/26/15 7:26 PM, Greg Troxel wrote:

> (I found this in drafts; not sure how old it is.)
>
> I would try PKG_DEBUG_LEVEL=2, or maybe 3.  Probably somehow the build
> of python is doing its own thing and not respecting CPPFLAGS.
>
> Lots of things build on my 10.9 mac, and there is no /usr/include.  So
> this general mechanism mostly works.  I think you will need to trace
> it and see how python34 evades it.
>
> I think I was able to build 3.3 and 3.4, but had PLIST issues.

Hi, Greg.

OK, I can try some of those things.

> Do the other pythons (2.6, 2.7) build?

python27 builds for me, but that's probably because it has the
special logic I copied and included in my patch for python34 to add
"-I${OSX_SDK_PATH}/usr/include" to CFLAGS.  As you noted, CFLAGS
should be CPPFLAGS; I just copied it from python27/Makefile, so
python27/Makefile should be fixed if that special logic is to remain
there.

Lewis