Re: (Ready to import) Re: wip/gnuradio-core ( to be rename as just gnuradio ?)

Makoto Fujiwara <makoto%ki.nu@localhost> writes:

> Hi,
> set of gnuradio packages are almost ready under wip to import.
> I will commit following (some 27) packages in a week or so
> unless major problems. All will be under ham, I think.

Wow, that's great news.   I think if the new ones work better than
what's there, you should go ahead.

I agree putting this in ham makes sense.   As I know you know, gnuradio
!= ham radio, but putting SDR stuff in ham makes sense, essentially
turning the "ham" category in "ham radio and related RF software", which
I think is fine.

> (*)
> gnuradio-default is kind of reference, and originally I was
> not planning to import. It is all-in-one package of
> gnuradio-*, and supposed to be exactly the same as gnuradio
> meta-pkg. But kind of fluctuating not to do so or to do.  Give
> me comments on this too.

You might leave that in wip, but given that having things separable is
what is desired, it's better to leave it out.  It will just be needless
work for bulk builds without actually helping users.